Bansko will host the Olympic Youth Winter Festival, which will take place at the end of this week – from 10 to 12 March. This will be the fourth edition of the forum, the previous three were in the area Kartala over Blagoevgrad.
Now the most progressive ski center in Eastern Europe will make its debut at the Olympic Festival for two reasons. For the first time organizers provide biathlon competitions that will be held on Banderishka polyana, where the European Championship was held three years ago. Moreover, the ski zone in Bansko now has more and more lasting snow in this generally extremely scarce snow cover. The hosts treated runs continuously and thus continue to offer perfect conditions for skiers, boarders and mountain lovers in winter.
Besides biathlon Olympic festival includes competitions in snowboarding, cross-country skiing and alpine skiing. Starts are on Friday and on Saturday from 9 to 13 pm.The official opening is on Friday at noon on Banderishka polyana. For the participants are provided many awards and prizes, along with the races will be fun games and quizzes.
Organizers of the event are the Bulgarian Olympic Committee and the Association “Sports at leisure.” Both organizations have as their priority the development of sport among the young and encouraging their talents at an early age.
Here is a program of Youth Olympic Winter Festival 2016 Bansko:
– 09:00 start of the race in biathlon
– 10:00 start of the race in Alpine skiing – two rounds
– 11:30 start of competitions in snowboarding
– 14:00 official opening and awarding the winners of competitions in biathlon, snowboarding and alpine skiing – Banderishka polyana
– 10:00 start of the race in cross-country skiing
– 12:30 award winners in cross-country skiing
– 13:00 Closing of the festival – Banderishka polyana
Last year the festival brought together 280 future sports stars of Bulgaria, representatives of 31 clubs. This winter is expected to more participants due to debut of biathlon in the program.