Pirin National Park is the biggest Bulgarian park with national and international importance. Under the program of UNESCO – “Man and Biosphere”, the park was declared as biosphere sanctuary. In the borders of the municipality are rising 23 mountain peaks with over than 2500 meters – a fact which clearly shows why Bansko is known as the “Gateway to the Bulgarian Alps”.
- Mountain Cycling – Bansko offers great opportunities for mountain cycling. Seven routes are developed with a total length of 196 km, which can satisfy the requirements of beginners, experienced and expert cyclists. Routes Bansko – Dobrinishte and Bansko – Banya village are easy to pass and are also for “Cross Country”.
- Mountain Climbing – For climbing are allowed six sites in the “Pirin mountains”, particularly suitable are the walls of the tops – Vihren, Sinanitsa, Georgitsa and Glavnishki Chokar. Professional instructors will introduce to beginners techniques for mountain climbing and safe alpine behavior.
- Rafting – for lovers of extreme sports are offered several packages for rafting on the rivers Struma and Mesta.
- Horse riding – Hoteliers in Bansko provide horses in excellent shape and instructors, to enjoy a safe and pleasant ride regardless of age and preparation.
- Paintball – Bansko offers the possibility of organizing paintball games, tournaments, and teambuilding.
- Hot mineral springs – indoor and outdoor thermal pools in the city of Dobrinishte and village of Banya.